The Science of Paediatrics: MRCPCH Mastercourse, 1st Edition
This book is “innovative and original in assisting the reader to apply the principles of science to paediatric practice. Professor Neena Modi, Former President, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
The Science of Paediatrics, MRCPCH Mastercourse, provides essential background preparation for the MRCPCH Theory and Science examination. It contains an up-to-date review of the application of science to everyday paediatric clinical practice, whether it is interpreting clinical signs or investigations, prescribing drugs or identifying best management. Although this understanding is essential in order to make informed clinical decisions, it is difficult to obtain as it is not usually covered in clinical textbooks.
- MRCPCH exam-format questions embedded in each chapter to test understanding
- Emphasis on embryology to explain many congenital abnormalities
- An overview of the relevant anatomy and physiology
- Focus on the application and interpretation of investigations
- Examples of recent advances in science and clinical research that have benefi tted the children’s care
- All clinical specialties covered by paediatric specialists.
- Chapters covering evidence-based paediatrics, statistics, ethics and quality improvement.