Practical Hepatic Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach, 2nd Edition
A volume in the popular Pattern Recognition Series, Practical Hepatic Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach features completely updated and reorganized content, resulting in a truly practical guide to understanding liver pathology. Dr. Romil Saxena presents interpretation of liver biopsies according to a pattern-based approach that begins with recognition of the predominant histological pattern of injury, followed by identification of secondary features and appropriate work-up that lead you away from pitfalls to the best diagnosis.
New to this edition
- New section on Evolving Concepts keeps you abreast of new paradigms in liver diseases such as reversal of fibrosis, heterogeneity of cirrhosis, and biphenotypic primary liver cell carcinoma.
- Reorganized Table of Contents is even more intuitive.
- Expert Consult eBook version is included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book across digital platforms.
- Unique "visual index" at the beginning of the book references the exact chapter and specific page needed for in-depth diagnostic guidance.
- Superb, high-quality, full-color images illustrate pathognomonic features and common variations.
- Features comprehensive information on major adult and childhood liver diseases, hepatic neoplasms and pre-neoplastic nodules, including clinical features, laboratory tests, imaging findings and differential diagnosis.
- Coverage of the clinical aspects of liver transplantation allows you to understand the pathology and practice of this procedure.