Pharmacology, 3rd Edition
New to this edition
- Summary tables are more concise and easier to follow.
- New calculations exercises and quizzes are included on the companion Evolve website.
- Expanded math and drug calculation sections in the workbook supplement the textbook with additional exercises for practice with math and dosage calculations. Available separately.
- Practical coverage of basic pharmacology provides a thorough understanding of the medications most commonly used in ambulatory and inpatient settings.
- A real-life Scenario starts each chapter with thought-provoking questions to consider as you progress through the material.
- Procedures boxes provide step-by-step guidance for drug calculation and administration, accompanied by numerous illustrations and icons that identify OSHA-mandated protocols.
- Common Signs & Symptoms of Diseases and Common Side Effects of Medications lists in each body system chapter help you distinguish between disease progression and medication reactions.
- Body systems icons highlight the ways that specific drugs affect a particular body system.
- Chapter objectives and key words at the beginning of each chapter help you focus your study efforts.
- Check Your Understanding math review sections enable you to assess your knowledge of application and calculation concepts.
- Critical Thinking exercises challenge you to apply what you've learned to a variety of realistic situations.
- Important Facts and Clinical Tips boxes in each chapter highlight the key concepts for practice.
- Patient Education for Compliance boxes help you communicate more effectively with patients about possible side effects or adverse reactions.