Handbook of Veterinary Anesthesia, 5th Edition
New to this edition
- UPDATED anesthetic drug information and NEW pain management techniques provide the latest on indications, toxicities, and recommended dosages.
- EXPANDED step-by-step overviews of anesthetic and analgesic techniques make it easier to review and perform procedures.
- UPDATED coverage of euthanasia, including the most current AVMA guidelines, provides today’s accepted protocols for the provision of euthanasia.
- UPDATED complementary and alternative strategies provide non-pharmacologic interventions for pain management.
- UPDATED research findings and clinical applications address special anesthetic considerations necessary in cats.
- User-friendly format provides instant access to vital information on anesthetic procedures and techniques for dogs, cats, horses, ruminants, camelids, pigs, birds, and other exotic pets.
- Thoroughly UPDATED topics include patient evaluation, patient preparation methods, safe and effective operation of anesthetic equipment, and chemical restraint procedures.
- Respected authors are recognized as experts in the field of veterinary anesthesia.
- Over 100 tables, boxes, and graphs summarize anesthetic protocols and clinical applications, including dosages, advantages, and disadvantages of each drug.
- Also available on Pageburst — a fully searchable digital text platform that makes it easy to quickly find key topics and drug information. Sold separately.