Fundamentals of Special Radiographic Procedures, 5th Edition
New to this edition
- End-of-chapter questions include 10 multiple-choice questions for self-assessment.
- Chapter objectives focus on the most important information to be learned.
- Updated art program includes new line drawings, diagnostic images, and equipment photographs.
- New content includes:
- Positron emission tomography
- MR angiography
- Peripheral angiography and venography
- Left heart cardiac catheterization
- Monitoring procedures and equipment during cardiac catheterization
- Extensive additions to the vascular procedures sections, including:
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Transcatheter biopsy
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts
- Inferior vena cava filters
- Information abut HIPAA
- Special tables for equipment tray setup list the items needed for each procedure.
- Chapter summaries recap the most important information and provide a quick review.
- Key terms are bolded throughout chapters.
- Special boxes draw attention to important information in the chapter.
- List of pharmaceutical resources is included in new appendix.