Evidence-Based Nursing, 1st Edition
- This is the only book of its kind that helps nurses use the nursing literature effectively to solve patient problems.
- Three-step approach to dissecting a problem — to help find the best evidence and improve patient care, most questions can be divided into three parts: (1) Are the results valid? (2) What are the results? and (3) How can I apply the results to patient care?
- Part One - The Basics: Using the Nursing Literature provides a basic approach to the problems faced by nurses when determining optimal care, predicting patient progress, and protecting patients from potentially harmful side effects and includes a literature assessment summary and management recommendations.
- Part Two - Beyond the Basics: Using and Teaching the Principles of Evidence-Based Nursing expands on Part One, providing concrete examples through the presentation of cases.
- Two-part organization helps both beginners and those more accomplished at using the nursing literature.
- Clinical Scenario provides a brief but detailed description of a clinical situation that requires the application of research through a critical thinking process.
- Using the Guide examines a clinical scenario, and then evaluates the way in which research findings are collected, analyzed, and applied to the resolution of the problem presented in the scenario.
- Free CD-ROM contains everything found in the book, allowing for electronic outlining, content filtering, full-text searching, and alternative content organizations.