Essentials of Oral Histology and Embryology, 6th Edition
Essentials of Oral Histology and Embryology: A Clinical Approach, 6th Edition uses a patient-centered approach to help dental professionals build a strong foundation in oral biology and basic science. It provides clear explanations of the anatomy of oral and facial tissues — and of normal and abnormal orofacial development — so that you can provide effective oral health care for all patients. In addition to the stages of tooth development, it covers eruption and shedding of teeth, plus the parts of teeth — including enamel, dentin, dental pulp, and cementum. Written by Daniel J. Chiego, Jr., a noted dental educator and researcher, this book gives you the knowledge you need to succeed in the classroom and in clinical practice.
New to this edition
- NEW! Coverage of COVID-19 includes how the virus affects the oral cavity.
- Updated full-color illustrations, micrographs, and histographs add to the already robust art program that supplements content by depicting various stages within the development of oral structures.
- Cutting-edge content provides essential knowledge of the basics of oral biology with a focus on practical clinical application.
- Clinical Comment, Consider the Patient, Quandaries in Science, and Case Study boxes apply scientific content to everyday dental practice and explore the boundaries of scientific research.
- Self-evaluation questions and practice quizzes help you prepare for classroom and national board exams.