Math Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians, 3rd Edition
Learn to calculate drug dosages safely and accurately! Math Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians, 3rd Edition helps you master the competencies required by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Designed specifically for Pharmacy Technicians, this practical worktext simplifies key calculation concepts and lets you work through hundreds of practice problems. Coverage includes a review of basic math skills, conversions between measurement systems, interpreting drug labels and physicians' orders, and calculating medication dosages based on a patient's age or body weight. The worktext format distills complex content into easy-to-understand concepts and calculations. Math Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians helps you develop the competencies you’ll need for a successful career as a Pharmacy Technician.
New to this edition
- NEW! Enhanced coverage of chemotherapy and TPN (total parenteral nutrition) calculations.
- NEW! Appendix with additional exercises in a comprehensive review.
- NEW! Drug labels for realistic examples and problems.
- Hundreds of practice problems throughout covering calculations, conversions, and measurements.
- Step-by-step examples to break down complex equations and formulas into simple building blocks.
- UNIQUE! Body system icons next to medication names to help students associate different drugs with their respective disorders and body systems.
- Chapter pretests and posttests to help students assess comprehension and areas of strength and improvement.
- Key terms with definitions and in-text highlights, accompanied by a handy back-of-book glossary for reference.
- Tech Notes with helpful advice on handling real-life situations in the pharmacy.
- Tech Alerts to warn against common pharmacy and medication errors that could impact patient safety.
- Review of Rules at the end of each chapter to summarize key equations and formulas.