Llewellyn-Jones Fundamentals of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 11th Edition
Regarded as the leading textbook in obstetrics and gynaecology for over 50 years, Fundamentals of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is an ideal introduction to the basic principles of this specialty for medical students, trainees, midwives and nurses.
Intervention rates continue to climb; women in the developed world embark on pregnancy later in life and with more complex medical disorders. The need to know and apply the best available standards of care is ever more critical.
The book comprehensively and clearly presents all the major components of women's reproductive health, from the basics of history and examination through to pelvic anatomy, development of the fetus, and maternal psychosocial issues.
Fully updated in its eleventh edition by experts in their field, this much-loved book remains true to the vision of its first author, renowned Australian obstetrician Derek Llewellyn-Jones OBE – to apply the best available standards of care for women throughout their reproductive journey.
In his words: 'It is our hope to continue to meet the needs of today's medical students and students of nursing and midwifery; and to encourage self-learning skills while providing essential information in a readable manner'.
- New chapters on weight and reproductive health and polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Hot topics covered include changes to cervical screening, disorders of sexual development, and COVID in pregnancy
- Concise and readable
- Suitable for students of medicine, midwifery and women’s health
- Clear, integrated approach – easy to follow
- Highly illustrated in full colour throughout