Building a Medical Vocabulary, 11th Edition
Quickly learn essential medical terminology! Both engaging and interactive, Building a Medical Vocabulary, 11th Edition introduces a step-by-step approach to effective communication in the healthcare environment. This text brilliantly intersperses traditional narrative and a variety of learning exercises with a programmed approach that gives you immediate feedback. Ideal for both the classroom setting or for self-study, it provides you with the building blocks to successfully communicate with other members of the healthcare team. Games, exercises, and additional resources on the companion Evolve website help reinforce learning. Spanish translations make this an invaluable resource in today’s multilingual healthcare settings.
New to this edition
- NEW! Rapid Review feature highlights the most important terms and concepts to review before the chapter test.
- EXPANDED! More Tool Tips throughout the text help you navigate the pitfalls of learning medical terminology.
- UPDATED! New terms and illustrations keep this text one of the most current on the market.
- Programmed approach allows you to actively participate in learning and get instant feedback.
- Healthcare reports help you apply your recently gained knowledge to job-like situations, taking learning to the next step.
- Focused A&P coverage provides the appropriate amount of information needed to understand the body system in the context of medical terminology.
- Spanish translations prepare you to communicate effectively in today’s multilingual healthcare settings.