Before We Are Born, 10th Edition
Covering the essentials of normal and abnormal human development for students in a variety of health science disciplines, Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects, 10th Edition, reflects new research findings and current clinical practice through concise text and abundant illustrations. This edition has been fully updated by the world’s foremost embryologists and is based on the popular text, The Developing Human, written by the same author team. It provides an easily accessible understanding of all of the latest advances in embryology, including normal and abnormal embryogenesis, causes of birth defects, and the role of genes in human development.
- Features streamlined content throughout, numerous photographs of common clinical cases and embryological explanations, didactic illustrations, and nearly 700 USMLE-style questions with full answers and explanations to help prepare for professional exams.
- Includes interactive clinical cases in every chapter that make important connections between human development and clinical practice—ideal for preparing for USMLE Step 1.
- Features access to 18 full-color, expertly narrated animations that guide students through key concepts in learning the complexities of embryologic development.
- Includes many new color photographs, new diagnostic images (3D ultrasound, CT scans, and MR images), an updated teratology section, revised and highlighted information on molecular aspects of developmental biology, and new information on the cellular and molecular basis of embryonic development.
- Follows the official international list of embryological terms (Terminologia Embryonica, 2013).
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.